Health Certificate Information
Economico Animal Hospital is happy to help you get an International Travel Certificate. When traveling with your pet(s), there may be animal health requirements specific for that destination. Let us assist you with the pet travel process. Please fill out the form below as completely and accurately as possible before your appointment. If you have any questions about this form, feel free to contact us at 310-243-6599.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the pet owner to make sure their pet has met the requirements of the destination country and that failure to meet the requirements may result in problems gaining certificate endorsement or difficulties upon arrival in the destination country.
To find out more information about individual state and country regulations, airline requirements and fees please go the United States Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services website at USDA APHIS | APHIS Pet Travel.
International travel health certificates are VERY complicated and time sensitive. We have created a checklist to help you prepare for international travel.
10 Tips for Traveling With Your Pet(s)
1. KEEP PETS COMFORTABLE IN A TRAVEL CRATE.
2. DON’T FILL YOUR PET'S CRATE WITH TOYS.
3. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE CORRECT PAPERWORK.
4. MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND YOUR PET
IF THEY GET LOST.
5. SKIP A MEAL ON TRAVEL DAYS.
6. KEEP YOUR PET HYDRATED.
7. KEEP THEM OCCUPIED WITH A TOY.
8. NEVER LEAVE YOUR PET IN A CAR ALONE.
9. CHOOSE PET-FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATIONS.
10. MAKE YOUR TRAVEL DESTINATION
FEEL LIKE HOME.